Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Funny "Sorry"

One friend was combing her daughter's hair when she pulled it a little too hard.

"Ouch!!!" said her daughter

"Oops, I am so sorry" said her mom right away. "I did not mean it!"

"Then why do you say 'sorry'... You should never be sorry for things you did not mean!"

While this is a simple story it shows how much wiser the children are compared to adults (not that we needed much proof for that). We feel and say sorry for so many things we have not control.

We feel sorry if it rains when we organize a party for somebody.

We feel sorry when we do not know about a friends problem and we don't help. We also feel sorry if we help but it does not turn as we wanted.

What is the funniest thing you feel sorry for?

Let me start: I feel guilty when my left Vishuddi catches...

Feel free to add a comment to the blog post. Replying to the feedburner email will not be visible on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Mammamia, when i was living in London, I had so many of these experiences, as English people are so completely endowed in politeness that they say sorry for everything. And it is so common to say it, that you can never understand if they are really sorry...
    So, some times (sooo naughty :-P ), I played with it... and i remember that if on the tube someone stepped on my feet and said sorry, i replied "you are welcome!" (typical answer when someone tells you "thank you")... and without fail the person remained astounded!

    ReplyDelete