Monday, April 4, 2016

The yogi and the tiger

A Sahaja Yogi meets a tiger in the jungle.

Yogi : Om twameva sakshat Shri Durga sakshat....

Tiger : (Puts paws towards yogi) Hey, your centre heart is catching. You need to take that mantra twelve times. I am going to wait here till you complete it.

Yogi : (cannot understand Tiger-ese) Mother, you are the protector of your children. Please protect me from this beast before me.

Tiger : Yes, Mother. Please protect me from this beast standing before me.

Yogi : Oh God, this tiger is not moving. (Starts giving bandhans - writes 'Tiger' on his hand and gives bandhans to that)

Tiger : (Thinking - Oh, so many vibrations. Someone must be giving bandhans for me. I have been unable to catch any prey for a long time, so I had asked the Realized Tigers to give me bandhans for it. Maybe today is my lucky day. I might find some prey - sees Yogi - hey!)

Let me vibrate my food first. Om twameva sakshat Shri Annapurna sakshat.....

Yogi : (Thinking - oh so many vibrations are raining upon me. The bandhan has worked! Now, a miracle will occur and this tiger will suddenly turn into a mouse! I can't wait to see that.)

The yogi never saw the miracle.

Don't feel too sad, though. He took another birth and has written this joke. After all, only the body dies. The Spirit is immortal.

With love,
Vivek Raghuram

No comments:

Post a Comment